Entrepreneurship has a great change of meaning in the 21st century with a number of innovative companies in different parts of the world. Technopark in Trivandrum provides a great opportunity for young talented people to make their career into entrepreneurship. Students after having their graduation are stepping in, to develop a small company with 5 or 7 people. Previously the entrepreneurs have one and only aim, to run the company without any capital loss. They were happy if they could get enough money to give the employee salaries. They were not eagerly waiting for a giant organization to come and give funding. This did not mean that they hadn’t done anything to improve the company. But the pace and eagerness of growth was very slow compared to the companies developing in the modern era. If we could get a chance to analyze these kinds of companies, it is evident that many of them have closed down within 3 to 6 months due to the lack of income generation. Is it due to the lack of knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship?? / Due to the lack of innovative ideas and income?? Or is it because of the increased competition??
It is really a vast area to think and analyze.
In my opinion, Talent and dedication are the key things behind the success of each and every entrepreneur. Where there is talent coupled with immense dedication, there we can see the light of success. Are they two separate things?? No…dedication is an evolved touchstone from the talent. Earlier day’s talent has been valued on the basis of strength in the number of people and has been defined as the brainstormed ideas from a group. So if the number of people increases, they consider more talent came to the group. But time goes this concept has changed and talent became the creativity of individuals. And now it is considered as the coupled effect of creativity and dedication. So in one or other means dedication has germinated from talent.
I have come across a company in Technopark named Orysis India Consultancy. It is run by a young entrepreneur who is only in his early 20s. They do have more than 12 employees in the office. The main thing I noticed in the success of this company is the dedication of the CEO, the above mentioned guy and his determination. They’re in the path of development with strong based project and new technology usages.
Successful entrepreneurship will depend on talent and dedication. Set a goal, hard work to achieve that and be successful. Aim for a mountain, shoot at the hill and then you will get a plateau.
A south Indians meal is never complete without Rasam and rice. It is called Rasam by the people of Kerala and Tamil Nadu and Karnataka calls it charu and Andra Pradesh calls it Saru. A good rasam has a nice flavor of pepper, garlic and curry leaves.
Eastern Condiments has a Rasam Powder which makes preparation of Rasam really simple.
Things you will need.
- Ripe Tomatoes – 2 (size of a tennis ball)
- Shallots – 4
- Ginger – 1 inch size
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Coriander Leaves – 50 grams
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Pepper Corns – 10
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Red Whole Chillies – 2
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Tamarind – 50 grams
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chop tomatoes, shallots, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves
- Blend ginger and garlic to a smooth paste. At this stage keep 2 cloves of garlic aside.
- Crush the 2 cloves of garlic and pepper corns together, keep aside for tempering*
- Break the dried red chillies into 2 or 3 pieces
- To 100 ml hot water add tamarind. Leave aside for 15 mins. Now squeeze out the tamarind juice
- In a pressure cooker take all the chopped ingredients, ginger/garlic paste and tamarind juice
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and Asafoetida. Add water. Bring to 1 whistle and simmer for 30 mins.
- Use a potato masher to make a fine paste of the pressure cooked ingredients.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, when they pop, add cumin seeds, broken dried red chilli, Fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, crushed garlic & pepper corns and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add this to the pressure cooked ingredients.
For more easy preparation, visit more products of Eastern Condiments (http://www.Eastern.in)
- Have a firm handshake.
- Look people in the eye.
- Sing in the shower.
- Own a great stereo system.
- If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
- Keep secrets.
- Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
- Always accept an outstretched hand.
- Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
- Avoid sarcastic remarks.
- Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
- Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
- Lend only those books you never care to see again.
- Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
- When playing games with ! children, let them win.
- Give people a second chance, but not a third.
- Be romantic.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
- Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the caller’s.
- Be a good loser.
- Be a good winner.
- Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
- When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
- Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
- Keep it simple.
- Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
- Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
- Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the
- things you didn’t do more than the one’s you did.
- Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
- Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
- Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
- Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
- Begin each day with some of your favorite music.
- Once in a while, take the scenic route.
- Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, ‘Someone who thinks you’re terrific.’
- Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
- Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 a.m.
- Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
- Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
- Make someone’s day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
- Become someone’s hero.
- Marry only for love.
- Count your blessings.
- Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
- Wave at the children on a school bus.
- Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
- Don’t expect life to be fair.
Copied from : http://www.amazingposts.com/2007/07/lifes-instructions.html?m=1
It was quite interesting for me the information on one time money that people earn through education. Education is a business now. I had never come across a situation in my home country. There might have some as what I experienced here in London. But still I can say that I did not get any experience with the matter which I explained here.
Overseas education was very popular in India,one of the most developing countries. People found more opportunities and better level of education in abroad than in India. Many found their step in stones there. The fascinating things in overseas education was part time work, opportunities after the education , work visa, and in some cases sponsorship visa which will lead to a permanent residency after a particular period of time.
It’s a history now. Overseas education is less in demand compared to Indian education. More opportunities, good remuneration, work satisfaction and chances of getting more knowledge which will lead to higher level opportunities are the main attractive things about Indian education now. So it is worth to think about the money spending for overseas education instead of a deep rooted educational profile.
There are some institutions and individual people who are playing with the field of education. Education is just like a gambling for them. Once they get the money from the student they will not have much responsibility on them regarding the progress of education or any other study related things. Even if the student is not attending the classes, they will not care for it. If the student needs any help ; Yes. The education providers are ready to provide that on the basis of a fixed amount. That means money is the main criteria in all these.
So people who are interested in overseas education must look for certain things
- Education provider that they have selected should possess a good review and credibility
- Pass rate of the uni/college/ any institution
- Review of previous students who had been studied over there . Make sure that these students are not the one who introduced by the uni/ college/ education provider
- A good understanding of examination system and time frame of getting results
- Chances of merging part time jobs ( if they are interested to do so)
In my personal opinion, overseas education is less in demand now regardless the opportunities.
Just watch this video..
“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” – Unknown
People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. – Thomas B Macaulay
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. – James D. Miles
Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It’s not hard. Character is doing what’s right when nobody’s looking. – Unknown
Most people say that it’s the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character. – Albert Einstein.
Character is the result of two things: Mental attitude and the way we spend our time. - Elbert Hubbard
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character – Albert Einstein
Character is what you know you are, not what others think you have – Unknown
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power – Abraham Lincoln
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. - Martin Luther King.
Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character. – Stephen Covey
Character isn’t something you were born with and can’t change, like your fingerprints. It’s something you weren’t born with and must take responsibility for forming. – Jim Rohn
I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character! – Theodore Roosevelt
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. – John Wooden
How true Daddy’s words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands. – Anne Frank
Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. – Bruce Lee
Men show their character in nothing more clearly than what they think laughable. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr
The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else. The basis of all integrity and character is whatever faith we have in our own integrity. – Roy L Smith
We can see a lot of people who give out plenty of offerings and promises with good things. But 90% of these promises will not happen anymore. People in the other end of-course will be fascinated with the unforgettable offerings. This may shake their normal life too. Sometimes the whole future might be depending on these offers. These promises are like the advertisement of Hell ( Just Kidding )
We can see these types of promises among business people, higher authority of organizations and crooked people like that. But sure this is not the boundary of these promises. We can see it anywhere anytime. .
So what is the reason?? Yes, This is for some personal needs or profitable decisions. Anyway in one or other way profit is the only intension of these offers.
At last what will happen?? Here come the three different eccentric characters.
Some people consider the promises as if they were the curry leaves in curries. They will never turn to the offers and just give up after the specific need that they previously plotted, had happened. They are the very cruel faces who will not give any consideration to human feelings.
Another type will try to keep the promise, but in some point they may not be able to fulfill that. So what they will do is they will give some other offers instead of the one they have given previously. But still there is not a 100% mind to do so. They are a group who bothered about people who feels anything wrong. Gradually they will transfer to a group of people who belongs to the third category.
The third category people are the one who will never face the person to whom they have given the promise. They are cowards without a back bone. They want to get everything but do not want to lose anything. They will utilize others for their own personal benefits and will not give face to them after the fulfillment of their needs. The second category people which I have explained above gradually transforms to this category in the future.
Apparently most of the offerings will not happen in the right time, right place and in the right mode. These are my view points and there may be another face for this discussion like the two sides of a coin. So anyone can discuss their views, thoughts, experience or truths through comments.
In old days it was a big surprise if a person says her son /daughter is in UK for education. But nowadays it is a common thing. After the basic education lot of students fly to UK for higher education as if it is not a big deal. There are different reasons for this. Some people give a big value for the higher education in UK and exposure that they are going get from here. But some are here for the job opportunity and to migrate for a good future here with a stay back. But there is another group, just for a fun they come here stay for 1 year and go back. They just want to enjoy the life style of UK and plan to go back after the expiry of visa. Also there is a bunch of people who need only the certificate from UK. It is for their job hike in their current working organization or offer from new organizations. They will get these offers only on the basis of certificate. This doesn’t mean that they need to know the basis things in their study stream.
UK government has given the golden opportunity for the international students to build their future in UK. They have introduced 2 years stay back in the name of Post Study Work Visa (PSW). This will help students after finishing their studies to grab a job from here itself. The main aim of PSW was to hold the graduates in UK itself so that the students who graduated from here can give and take the benefits to UK government.
But people misapplied the whole system. Some people are still here in student visa for 6- 8 years and continually working. They used to change the course and college to get the visa. If we’re examine their progress of education, most of them are not in a progressive stage but just changing course and college to get the visa and they can work here for a long time. But with these types of students there are good students too. They have progress in their education, and they continue in student visa with completing the course and then with the higher level.
Do you believe if I say that we will get certificates of different universities in UK which cost £1500- £6000? Yes!!! That is a truth. Thus it came to a situation which gives less importance to the valuable knowledge which we develop from education but the matter of only certificate.
I believe that these are the reasons which forced UKBA to rethink about international students and their visa status.